Yes, you’re reading it right. If you’re having any doubt about traveling with a Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary in 10 days, worry no longer. In this article, we’ll show you how to exactly do it in a way you can enjoy your trip the most.
Why Vietnam and Cambodia
You have a time budget of 10 days to travel and you still wonder where you should spend your time and money to have an unforgettable memory and joyful travel experience? Here are some of the reason why Vietnam and Cambodia are your destinations in 2019:
- Vietnam and Cambodia have so much in common and at the same time, there is a wide range of diversity to be found in these two countries in terms of natural beauty and culture authenticity.
- If you find in Vietnam, especially in North Vietnam a more prominent influence of Chinese culture then you’ll find in Cambodia a divine blend of Hinduism and Buddhism. It’s such a wide spectrum of Southeast Asian culture to witness.
- Both Vietnam and Cambodia have diverse physical features including mountains, valleys, beaches, and islands. Visitors can’t help to be at awe when seeing the changing in landscape across the two countries.
- Vietnam and Cambodia have fabulous and delicious cuisine that can charm any eater.
- With a Buddhism-based culture and traditions, both Vietnamese and Cambodian people are very welcoming, quite conservative but eager to help. You’ll have a great time interacting with the locals.
- Two countries are both home to many world’s cultural heritage sites.
When is the best time for a Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary 10 Days
Vietnam and Cambodia have a varied weather pattern for each of their distinctive regions. It can be tricky to find the 10 days that have all the best conditions: perfect weather, reasonable prices, less crowded and full of activities.
- Vietnam weather differs from North to South, each Vietnam major destination has its own best time to visit. If you wish to visit across the country from north to south, it’s wise to know that the most favorable time for tourism activities in Vietnam lasts from January to March with less rain in the South and drier condition in North and Central Vietnam. During this time, you can see most of Vietnam.
- Cambodia has two distinctive seasons: the dry season from October to late April and the wet season from May to September. So January to March is also the best time to visit Cambodia.
|>>> For more details, see our complete Guide to When is the best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia 2019|
Detail Vietnam Cambodia 10 Days Itinerary with Map
- Vietnam: Hanoi City Tour, Overnight Halong Bay Cruise, Ho Chi Minh City Tour, Boat ride on Mekong Delta
- Cambodia: Discover Angkor Wat and around, boat trip on Tonle Sap Lake.
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Fly into Hanoi and check in your hotel.
If you have time in the afternoon, stroll around the city and enjoy the bustling atmosphere of Hanoi. You can also explore the city’s street food scene.
Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour
Set out for a full day excursion to discover the 1000-year-old city, starting from Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum’s Ba Dinh Square. Here you’ll chance to learn more about life, the work and the sacrifice of the beloved leader of Vietnamese people.
Visit One Pillar Pagoda – a brilliant piece of Vietnamese traditional architecture with the resemblance of blooming lotus. Don’t forget to visit the best museum in Vietnam – Museum of Ethnology.
>>> See more of Hanoi:
Day 3: Hanoi to Halong Bay – Overnight Cruise on Bay
After a car ride for 3.5 hours to Halong Bay from where you will get on a bay cruise to explore the world’s natural heritage in Vietnam. The breathtaking scenery will unfold before your eyes as the traditional junk slowly take you to pass the limestone islands and islets.
Stop at Soi Sim island – the island that will offer you the most beautiful panorama view of Halong Bay. You can also enjoy exciting activities on the beach.
In the afternoon, don’t miss to pull out your camera for the magnificent sunset view on the bay. Stay overnight on a cruise and enjoy the activities arranged by cruise operator.
>>> More on Halong Bay:
Day 4: Halong Bay – Hanoi – Flight to Sai Gon
Wake up early for the sunrise on Halong. Get energized with a Tai Chi class on the sundeck and breathe in the fresh air. Board the cruise for a short trip to the most amazing cave in the bay – Sung Sot Cave.
Check out of the cabin and return to Hanoi for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon.
>> Want to know more on Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City:
Day 5: Sai Gon Full Day City Tour
Start by visiting the most famous and important landmarks of the city – Presidential Palace or later known as Independence Palace. A trip to War Remnants Museum should be the highlight of your Sai Gon City Tour.
Next, stop for the beautiful Sai Gon General Post Office – the representative of French architecture in Ho Chi Minh City.
Overnight in Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 6: Mekong Delta Tour
From Sai Gon, take a car ride to Cai Be – one of the best destination of the vast, almighty Mekong Delta. Board on a motorboat to start your journey to Cai Be Floating Market where locals display and trade fruits, vegetables that they’ve grown. Visit some villages and local factories.
In the rest of the day, you’ll be exploring Tan Phong Island – the green pearl of Vinh Long and enjoy the fresh taste of the fruits here. It’s absolutely a wonderful and joyful experience to have with the friendly locals.
Get back and stay overnight in Saigon.
>> More on Mekong Delta:
Day 7: Saigon/HCMC flight to Siem Reap
From Sai Gon, take a flight to Siem Reap, the ancient city of Cambodia where you’ll enjoy most of your Cambodian experience.
In the evening you can enjoy an Apsara traditional dancing show.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 8: Siem Reap Full Day Temple Tour
To get the most out of this day, it’s best to book a day guided tour to explore Angkor complex and the surrounding.
The most outstanding temple complexes in Siem Reap are Bayon, Angkor Thom, Ta Prohm and Angkor Wat.
Angkor Wat is a must-see site you shouldn’t miss by any chance. Any of the other three places would also be a wonderful destination with its distinctive charm. If you’re a fan of Hollywood movie Tomb Raider, don’t miss Ta Prohm – the mysterious temple half-consumed by the giant creeper fig trees.
On your way back to Siem Reap, enjoy the beautiful sunset on Pre Rup Temple.
>>> Not enough of Siem Reap?
Day 9: Tonle Sap Lake Boat Tour
Spend half of this day for an exciting excursion to Tonle Sap Lake aka the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. There is an ox cart ride through the countryside which can offer you a glimpse into the life of the people here. Continue with a boat trip around the lake and visit Kompong Phluk floating village and mangrove forest.
The rest of the day, you can spend enjoying at your own leisure.
Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 10: Depart from Siem Reap. Trip ends.
Travel Tips for Vietnam and Cambodia Itinerary 10 Days
- Transportation between the two countries is most available from Ho Chi Minh. However, you might want to think twice before booking for a coach from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh or Siem Reap because the trip might take to 13 hours, max. Even you take a night bus, it’s still exhausting as ever. A flight from HCMC to Siem Reap takes less than two hours which can save you a lot of time and energy.
Vietnam & Cambodia Visa
- You can obtain a Vietnam visa through E-visa (if you’re from 46 nationalities that have eligibility granted by the Vietnamese government). Vietnam VOA (Visa on Arrival) requires you to have an invitation letter arranged before entering the country.
- Visa to Cambodia can be obtained by E-visa or Visa on Arrival or applying at Cambodia Consulate or Embassy. For E-visa, you can access to https://www.evisa.gov.kh/
- You should pay attention to what to wear while traveling in Vietnam and Cambodia. Dress code is no joke in so many places in the two countries. A set of prohibited outfitted includes short tops, short pants, mini skirts, and see-through items. It’s best to wear long and discreet clothes, especially when in temples and sacred places.
- Both countries have set values of Asian cultures which see humble and simplicity as the most important characteristics when one appears in public so consider to not expose or wear excessive wealth, especially in places where it’s not appropriate. It’s also safer for you to stay away from unwanted attention.
- A significant number of people in Cambodia can speak English, you can even communicate with the locals by some basic English sentences. However, the locals can be even friendlier if you can show off that you can speak their language, no matter how limited. Learn some basic Khmer sentences that might come in handy during your trip.
- In Vietnam, English speakers will have a lot easier time because English is a common language. Many people can speak it fluently. However, speaking Vietnamese can give you a lot more advantage. For example, when bargaining, if you can do it in Vietnamese, it’s a chance that the seller will give in to you.
Health and Safety
- Bring the necessary medicine. Cambodia is a hot country with food you might find exotic. Bring anti-mosquito cream, sunscreen cream, stomach drug, etc.
- Be sure to have travel insurance before taking your trip
>>> Get in the know with our comprehensive travel guide for a safe trip to Vietnam and Cambodia:
Vietnam Safety Tips and Guide 2019
19 Tips to know before taking trip to Cambodia
Recommended Vietnam and Cambodia Tours
It’s no doubt that Vietnam and Cambodia is a big trip. Booking a tour is a way to reduce the risk and to enjoy a lot more. You can always customize the trip according to your preference. If 10 Day Itinerary isn’t what you’re looking for, check out other tours with different durations:
|Vietnam and Cambodia 9 Days from $1055/pax|
This trip is suitable for a business trip or those who don’t have a large time budget. The package is short compared to other trips but full of activities. This trip will offer you all the best bits of the two countries and enthuse you to come back for more.
|Vietnam and Cambodia 12 Days from $1585/pax|
This tour is for those who wish to travel across Vietnam before transferring to Cambodia. If you’re going with your family, then this itinerary is just right for you with all the most highlighted sceneries, cuisine, and history.
|Discover Vietnam and Cambodia 14 Days from $1700/pax|
The above tours still did not give you what you need? You want to discover even more in depth? This tour might be the one. This is a tour abounding in unforgettable history, enchanting culture, charismatic cities and divine natural beauty of Vietnam and Cambodia.
For even more Vietnam and Cambodia Itineraries, see our best collection:
Contact us to let us know your specific request or send your ideas and preference to our email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your trip started from today.