Want a honeymoon vacation outside of the clichéd Europe? Southeast Asia is a great choice if you love exotic landscape, tropical sunlight, indigenous culture, and romantic beach resorts. Click to know the best places for a Southeast Asia honeymoon vacation.
Why Southeast Asia Honeymoon?
It takes a lot of preparation and effort to make your honeymoon vacation perfect. But it doesn’t stop you being creative. Southeast Asia has something for every couple and it is exactly the destination for your romantic getaway.
Known for the stretching beaches, pristine islands, and cultural richness, you can never get enough of the paradises in Southeast Asia.
Southeast Asia is also suitable for couples who love to go on a multicountry trip on a reasonable budget yet still enjoy comfortability.
Are you ready to fall in love with your partner all over again at these places?
The country is one of the best destinations for a Southeast Asia honeymoon vacation. Vietnam is blessed with gentle and beautiful landscapes from north to south, friendly people and a wide range of private beach & island resorts. Here are the best places for a Vietnam honeymoon tour.
- Related Post: Best Romantic Places in Vietnam for Couples
Da Lat – Romantic Highland Town
Even named as the ‘Little Paris’ by French people, Da Lat is not only a major tourist destination in Vietnam but also a perfect hidden paradise for couples and honeymooners. Da Lat is a town of fog, flowers, French architecture and ethnic culture.
- Visit Valley of Love – where thousands of colorful flowers and plants bloom when spring comes. It’s certainly the best dating spot in Da Lat.
- Relax and enjoy the beautiful waterfalls in Da Lat such as Prenn Falls, Pongour Falls or Dalanta Falls. A short picnic in one of these places would be a fantastic memory for you and your partner.
- Enjoy Da Lat Flower Park and Xuan Huong Lake.
- Short trip to either Lang Biang Mount or Cu Lan Village.
*Best places to stay in Da Lat for couples:
Ana Mandara Villas Da Lat
Address: Le Lai Street, Ward 5, Da Lat, Lam Dong
Dalat Palace Heritage Hotel
Address: 02 Tran Phu Street, Da Lat
Dalat Edensee Lake Resort & Spa
Address: Tuyen Lam Lake, Zone VII.2, Da Lat, Lam Dong
|Recommended Da Lat Itinerary for couples: Romantic Da Lat – 3 Days|
Sapa – Dreamy Plateau
As the capital of Northwest Vietnam, Sapa has a lot of charms and attractions to enjoy your time. The town is blessed with a cool temperature all year round, foggy morning, pine trees, H’mong culture, terraced rice fields, fair markets and so much more.
- Short and easy trek to Love Waterfall – a legendary waterfall in Sapa related to a love story.
- Ride Muong Hoa train to visit Fansipan Peak – the ‘Roof of Indochina’ where an impressive religious complex was built. It’s best if you can your partner can enjoy the sunset on the top.
- Trek to tribal villages in Muong Hoa Valley – Cat Cat, Ta Phin or Ta Van to soak in the cultural atmosphere. In harvest season, the terraced rice fields will turn golden.
- Love Market on Saturday night would be a fun experience.
- Visit many other sightseeing sites in Sapa: Silver Waterfall, Ham Rong Park, tea hills…
*Top hotels in Sapa for couples:
Hôtel de la Coupole – MGallery by Sofitel
Add: Hoang Lien Son Street, Sapa
Add: Thanh Kim, Sapa
Silk Path Grand Resort & Spa Sapa
Add: Doi Quan 6, Group 10, Sapa
Danang – Beautiful Coastal City
Located in Central Vietnam, Danang is a perfect destination for couples who seek to enjoy the tropical sunlight and gorgeous urban architecture and modernity. Danang is a great stay for couples who love active outdoor activities.
- Visit Marble Mountains
- Enjoy the scenery, entertainments and the beautiful flowers at Bana Hills. You and your partner will have a great time here. Don’t forget the iconic Golden Bridge.
- Visit Son Tra Peninsula for the views and the fresh air.
- Walk on the Love Bridge and buy a lock for you and your loved one.
- A boat trip to Cu Lao Cham to enjoy the pristine nature and blue waves.
*Best places to stay in Danang for couples:
InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort
Add: Son Tra Peninsula, Da Nang
Vinpearl Luxury Da Nang
Address: No 7 Truong Sa Street, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son Dist. Danang
Fusion Maia Resort
Add: Vo Nguyen Giap, Khue My, Ngu Hanh Son, Da Nang
|Recommended Da Nang Itinerary for couples:|
Hoi An – Lantern Town
Hoi An is the most atmospheric town in Vietnam and there’s no way it should be missed in your vacation in Vietnam. The old town boasts a magnificent fusion of Japanese, Chinese and Vietnamese styles of architecture, adorned with colorful traditional lanterns glimmering at night. You and your partner would absolutely love the vibe of Hoi An and its food, too.
- Get a couple look with Ao Dai made by the best tailors in Hoi An.
- Enjoy a boat ride on Thu Bon river. You can buy a couple of flower lanterns to float them on the river.
- On 14th night of lunar month, you’ll the most magical scene in the town when all the electricity is turned off and the lanterns will be lit.
- Visit the temples, hold houses and assembly halls in Hoi An Old Quarter.
- Enjoy a night out in Hoi An by walking around the night market and trying Hoi An delicacies.
*Best places to stay in Hoi An for couples:
The Beach. Little Boutique Hotel & Spa
Add: 19 Lac Long Quan, Cua Dai, Hoi
Allegro Hoi An
Add: 84 Tran Hung Dao Street, Hoi An
Hoi An Sincerity Hotel & Spa
Add: 01 Le Dinh Tham Street, Cam Son, Hoi An, Quang Nam
|Top recommended itinerary in Hoi An for couples:|
Phu Quoc – The Pearl Island
Are you ready for the greatest seaside indulgence on the most beautiful island in Vietnam, or the ‘pearl island’? Active couples would love a trip to the green, pristine yet modern and luxury Phu Quoc. A wide range of not only activities but also Vietnam’s top-notch resorts is available so that you can have a private place for just two of you and at the same enjoy exciting activities together.
- Spend time on Sao Beach – the best beach of Vietnam – to relax and enjoy the blue waves. If you’re lucky, you might see the starfishes on the sand.
- Learn how to cook some Vietnamese dishes by joining an organic cooking class. Nothing more romantic than being able to cook new dishes after traveling.
- Enjoy Hon Thom Island – its pristine nature, simple lifestyle and friendly locals. Don’t forget the delicious seafood here.
- Get to Suoi Tranh Waterfall to enjoy your time together among the primitive nature.
*Top resorts to stay in Phu Quoc Island:
Add: Tran Hung Dao, Cua Lap, Phu Quoc
Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
Add: Bai Xep, Ong Lang
Salinda Resort Phu Quoc
Add: Tran Hung Dao, Cua Lap, Phu Quoc
Recommended Phu Quoc Itinerary for couples:
Cambodia might not be obvious for your honeymoon vacation, but it is the hidden gem in Southeast Asia. With the mythical and sublime Angkor Wat, Cambodia has a different kind of romantic you can’t feel at any of its neighboring country. If northern and central Cambodia are the lands of temples and ancient ruins then Southern Cambodia is the paradise for a romantic getaway to the pristine, beautiful islands…. Let’s check out the places to go, things to do and where to stay for your honeymoon.
Siem Reap – Ancient Ruins
Siem Reap cannot be missed on your trip to Cambodia. Not only because Siem Reap is closest to Angkor Wat complexes, but also of many things else to do such as Apsara dance performance and visiting cultural villages.
- Dine in Cambodia’s best restaurant as well as the top 50 of Asia’s restaurants.
- Enjoy the sunset view in Angkor Wat together with your partner.
- Visit Kulen Waterfall where you will see 1000 Lingas, a river with ancient carvings on riverbed’s rocks.
- Discover the mysterious Ta Prohm – the temple that appeared in the movie Tomb Raider.
- Watch Phare Circus Show to know and learn more about the history of Cambodia through the eye of Cambodians.
- Even more massage!
*Best hotels in Siem Reap for couples:
Add: Charles De Gaulle, Krong Siem Reap
La Rivière d’ Angkor Resort
Add: Pokambor Ave, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Belmond La Résidence d’Angkor
Add: River Rd, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Phnom Penh – Pearl of Asia
Phnom Penh was once called ‘pearl of Asia’ for its architecture, culture, and atmosphere. For couples who love a slow-paced, peaceful atmosphere to take a breather from the crowded Siem Reap. The capital is located on the riverbank of two great rivers – Tonle Sap and Mekong, creating such wonderful scenery to take in.
- Visit Koh Pich – Diamond Island – a popular dating site to enjoy the colors and the atmosphere.
- If you love to have a short, simple walk around town on Sisowath Quay to enjoy the river view and the bustling nightlife.
- Sunset cruise on Mekong River would be a romantic experience for both of you.
- Visit Koh Dach (Silk Island) to see the beautiful countryside and the craft of making silk.
- Relax and heal with he and she spa.
- Visit Phnom Penh temples.
*Best places to stay in Phnom Penh for couples:
Plantation – Urban Resort & Spa
Add: 28 Samdach Preah Thoamak Lekhet Ouk St. (184), Phnom Penh 12206
PATIO Hotel & Urban Resort
Add: 134Z Rue Pasteur No. 51, Phnom Penh
Add: Samdach Louis Em St. (282), Phnom Penh
Sihanoukville – Song Saa Island
The southern islands of Sihanoukville have long been known for its unspoiled beauty – a place to enjoy your private time together with the beautiful nature. Come to Sihanoukville to enjoy the blue waves, tropical jungle, sandy shores and magic night scenes of bioluminescence.
*Things to do in Sihanoukville:
- Enjoy the beaches! Sihanoukville is a coastal city and a gateway to many beautiful islands, so you have plenty of chance to laze around on the beach lounge and take all in the natural magnificence.
- Spice it up by visiting a pepper farm to see how pepper is harvested and made, you can also buy some of the finest pepper products to bring back home.
- Island hopping to Monkey Island where you can enjoy snorkeling swimming.
- Enjoy a boat trip to beautiful islands nearby such as Koh Rong or Koh Rong Samloem.
- Spend your time together on Song Saa Island – the best place in Cambodia for couples and honeymooners
*Best hotels/resorts to stay in Sihanoukville for couples:
Add: Saracen Bay- Koh Rong Samloem, Sihanoukville
The Royal Sands Koh Rong
Add: Sok San Beach, Koh Rong Koh Rong Island Krong Preah Sihanoukville
The One Resort
Add: Saracen Bay, Cambodia
Best Cambodia Itineraries for couples: Cambodia Honeymoon Tour – 6 Days
INTERESTED IN VIETNAM – CAMBODIA HONEYMOON? SEE OUR BEST TOURS:
|Vietnam and Cambodia Tour for Honeymoon Vacation 2019 – 2020|
As a world’s top tourist destination, Thailand is the most desired place to visit in Southeast Asia. The country is known for its perfect tourist services, a variety of choice, shopping places and gorgeous landscapes.
Bangkok – Golden City
Bangkok has been hailed as the most livable city on earth and you might not agree but there’re always things to discover and enjoy in this city. Bangkok is best for couples who love shopping and enjoy urban modernity.
*Things to do in Bangkok:
- Explore ‘Village of Love’ during a food tour to Bangkok neighborhood to enjoy the best of Thai food together.
- Learn food carving in a local class. You’ll have so much fun doing this.
- Enjoy a boat cruise on Chao Praya River to take in the most romantic sights and attractions of Bangkok.
- Relax together with a couple massage to heal after a long day of sightseeing.
- Bicycling together in the lovely Bang Krachao.
- Take in the view of Bangkok from high above
*Best hotels for couples in Bangkok:
Add: 396/1 Tatien, Maharaj Road, Phraborommaharajawang, Phanakorn, Bangkok, BM, Thailand
Oriental Residence Bangkok
Add: 110 Wireless Road, Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
Add: 33/1 S Sathorn Rd, Khwaeng Yan Nawa, Khet Sathon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10120, Thailand
|Best Bangkok Itinerary for couples: Bangkok Short Stay – 4 Days|
Chiang Mai – Land of Misty Mountains and Lanterns
Located in the north of Thailand, Chiang Mai is the top destination in Thailand and no doubt is a favorite to couples and honeymooners.
*Things to do in Chiang Mai:
- Visit Chiang Mai during Yee Peng Lantern Festival. Book you honeymoon vacation in November when you can enjoy the majestic night of Yee Peng festival. You’ll never be able to forget such a scene.
- Relax together with a traditional Thai massage which has many health benefits you might not know about.
- Visit Chiang Mai golden temples to admire the beautiful Thai architecture.
- Enjoy Thai street food together during a food tour in Chiang Mai.
- Learn to cook some delicious Thai dishes by joining a local cooking class.
- A yoga class would be a wonderful choice for honeymooners to Chiang Mai.
*Best places to stay for couples:
Chiang Mai Riverside
Add: 111 Moo 7, Padad, Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Anantara Chiang Mai Resort
Add: 123-123/1 Charoen Prathet Road, Changklan, Muang, Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
Add: Chiang Mai 502 Moo 1, Mae Rim-Samoeng Old Road Chiang Mai 50180
Phuket – Beach Paradise
Phuket is the dream beach paradise of your honeymoon vacation. The place is known for its crystal clear sea water, white stretching beaches, and pristine green islands. Not only blessed with the gorgeous seascape, but Phuket also has cultural richness with plenty of exciting festivals during the year like Thao Thep Krasattri, Vegetarian Festival, Ghost Festival….
*Things to do in Phuket:
- Have dinner by the sea to enjoy the romantic atmosphere and the fresh air.
- A sunset cruise to Phang Nga Bay – one of the most beautiful place in Phuket.
- Enjoy a spa session together to relax and heal.
- Enjoy sea activities during your island tour like snorkeling, diving & swimming.
- Spend a day to discover the beautiful Phi Phi island and Similan island.
*Where to stay in Phuket for couples:
Banyan Tree Phuket
Add: 33, 33/27 Moo 4, Srisoonthorn Road, Cherngtalay, Amphur Talang, Phuket 83110, Thailand
The Nai Harn
Add: 23/3 Moo1, Vises Road, Rawai, Muang District, Phuket 83100, Thailand, Phuket, Muang, Phuket 83100, Thái Lan
Six Senses Hideaway Yao Noi
Add: 56 Moo 5 Tambol Koh Yao Noi, Amphur Koh Yao, Phang Nga 82160
|Recommended Phuket Itinerary for couples: Bangkok – Phuket – Koh Yao Noi – 6 Days|
If you both don’t like destinations flooded with tourists and little space for just two of you, then Laos is the perfect place to be. One thing that makes Laos so worthy of your visiting is the lifestyle of the people here – slow, spiritual and relaxing. The natural sceneries are blessed with paddy fields, blue lagoons, azure pools, tropical forests.
Luang Prabang – Romantic Hideaway
Luang Prabang is the top destination in Laos, having everything you wish in a destination for your honeymoon vacation. The town is surrounded by mountains, Nam Khan River and Mekong River, Luang Prabang used to be the royal capital of Lan Xang Kingdom. Luang Prabang has incredible cultural charms but also the natural masterpieces like Kuangsi waterfall.
- Enjoy your time together in the beautiful Kuangsi Falls. No one can resist the azure swimming pools of Kuang Si.
- Take in the sunset view on top of Phosi Mount.
- Attend Alms Giving Ceremony.
- Take a day tour to Pha Tad Ke Botanical Gardens to see many local flowers and plants.
- Visit Elephant Conservation Center to interact with elephants.
- Admire the spectacular architecture at Royal Palace Museum.
- Enjoy the nightlife here by a little walk to the local night market, you can taste many Lao delicacies here.
*Best hotels in Luang Prabang for couples:
Belmond La Résidence Phou Vao
Add: Phou Vao Road, Luang Prabang
Add: 057 Phothisarath Road, Luang Prabang
Hôtel Sofitel Luang Prabang
Add: Ban Mano, Luang Prabang 00600
Vientiane – Sleepy Capital
Vientiane is often referred to as ‘the sleepy capital’ for its slow-paced style of life, peaceful atmosphere and friendly people. the city is dotted with glittering Buddhist temples and pagodas, French architecture here and there and a gorgeous Buddha Park.
*Things to do in Vientiane:
- Enjoy the best view of Vientiane on top of Patuxai or Lao’s version of French Arc de Triomphe Monument.
- Be surprised at Buddha Park for its bizarre layout and architecture.
- Visit Phnom Penh temples to learn more about Lao culture and religious practice.
- Don’t forget to see the holiest shrine – Phat Tha Luong.
- Join a cooking class with your loved one.
*Best hotels in Vientiane for couples and honeymooners:
Crowne Plaza Vientiane
Add: Samenthai Road, Vientiane
Green Park Boutique Hotel
Add: 248 Khouvieng Road, PO Box 9698 – Vientiane
Add: Quai Fa Gnum, Ban Vat Chan Tha Hom 5 Muang Chanthabury Vientiane
There are more tourists in Vang Vieng but considerably less than Siem Reap. Vang Vieng has the most scenic landscape in Laos with its limestone mountains, serene river, and green paddy fields. If you’re an active couple, you’ll absolutely love Vang Vieng.
*Things to do in Vang Vieng:
- Jump in the blue lagoons for a good swim.
- Enjoy the cheapest Hot Air Balloon ride on earth and see the beauty of Vang Vieng from above.
- Relaxing with yoga and meditation in Vang Vieng in the morning would be a great start of the day.
- Join a cooking class to learn new dishes.
- Go Kayaking along Nam Song River.
*Best hotels for couples in Vang Vieng:
San San Resort
Add: 13 North Rd Phonepheng village, 01000 Vang Vieng,
Riverside Boutique Resort
Add: Ban Viengkeo, PO Box 360, Vang Vieng, Vientiane Province, Lao, 01000 Vang Vieng
|Are you ready to be indulged by the beautiful landscapes and authentic culture in Southeast Asia? Click for our: |
Send your request to booking@asianwaytravel to get your trip planned by experts!