Cambodia is known for the splendors of Angkor Wat, this is a well-known fact to everyone. Many travelers coming to Cambodia are infatuated with the Khmer cuisine and the unique food culture of the locals. However, not everyone knows that you can find the best Khmer food in Phnom Penh restaurants. If you’re out finding the best ever dining experience in Cambodia, don’t overlook this list of the top 10 Phnom Penh restaurants.
Our Reviews on Top 10 Phnom Penh Restaurants
- Address: 1 132 Z13 Street 51, Bkk, Perpendicular to Street 51, at the end of Patio Hotel path., Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Service: French, European, Asian, Fusion
- Diet: Vegetarian food
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/bistrotlangka
- Opening hours: 6:15PM – 10:00PM
A great Phnom Penh restaurant to enjoy the fine taste of French cuisine at a reasonable price. The atmosphere is casual and nice while the food is great and services are top-notch. No wonder why walk-ins can hardly find a table.
The restaurant lies at the end of an alley, take a Tuk Tuk and the driver can take you there without trouble. You’ll love the menu and don’t miss the refreshing cocktail that will cool down the heat of Phnom Penh real quick. Try Bistrot Langka’s Gnocchi, you won’t be disappointed.
Vegans are also welcomed here.
- Address: 278 Street Corner 63 street, Phnom Penh 12000 Cambodia
- Service: Moroccan, Mediterranean cuisine
- Diet: Vegetarian food
- Website: http://www.casablanca-restaurant-phnompenh.com/
- Opening hours: 6pm-10pm (Mon-Sat)
Casablanca is such a cozy, wonderful little dining place you can find in Phnom Penh. Casablanca uses local and organic products whenever possible. The food is locally produced, made in house with the freshest ingredients.
A set menu is priced at $15 per person, including soup, selection of Moroccan Mezze, main dishes, dessert and Moroccan mint tea. It’s not a big menu but well put and beautifully made. The vintage atmosphere and ambiance are just lovely and intimate. You’ll absolutely love it.
- Address: 162 Norodom Boulevard Sangkat Tonle Basak, Khan Chamcar Mon, Phnom Penh Cambodia
- Service: French cuisine
- Website: https://topaz-restaurant.com/
- Opening hours: 11:30 – 14:00
A luxury restaurant that has been operating for 20 years would satisfy the pickiest eaters out there. Topaz is the place to go for a fulfilling and truly French cuisine dining experience in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The food in Topaz is made from personally selected ingredients, served with a professional service and set in a luxurious yet spacious ambiance.
A La Carte, Lunch Set and Drink List would definitely satisfy you with the diversity and quality of each dish. Worthy of the quality, you can expect the price to be expensive. However, the price is totally worth it.
- Address: 63c Street 294, Sangkat Boeng Keng Kang Khan Chamkamon, Phnom Penh
- Service: Asian cuisine, Khmer cuisine, vegetarian cuisine
- Website: https://www.mokmony.com/
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
A cheaper alternative choice for those who want to discover Khmer cuisine thoroughly. Only priced from $2-$8, you can enjoy Khmer delicacies to your heart’s content. The ambiance of the restaurant is just comfortable, spacious with a lot of green.
Come to Mok Mony, you will enjoy the most quintessential dishes of Khmer cuisine like Khmer Red Chicken Curry, famous Fish Amok, Kampot Pepper Squid and a dozen other dishes for you to choose from.
However, you should book advance instead of walking in because you might not be able to find a table since Mok Mony is quite crowded.
- Address: 26 Sothearos Blvd Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, Phnom Penh
- Service: Italian cuisine, fusion
- Website: Link
- Opening hours: 6pm-10pm everyday
An authentic Italian restaurant in Phnom Penh where all the dishes are prepared with the freshest of ingredients. You’ll enjoy a specially crafted menu by Chef Fabrizio Aceti offering contemporary and innovative cuisine. A wide range of 60 wines from the cellar.
One thing you’d love about Do Forni is the food representation: every little detail matters. And you wouldn’t get tired taking pictures of the dishes.
Eleven One Kitchen
- Address: #20 Street 334 Bkk1, Phnom Penh Cambodia
- Service: Asian, Khmer cuisine
- Website: https://elevenonekitchen.com/
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 21:30 every day
Eleven One Kitchen is absolutely the ultimate option when it comes to a solid Khmer cuisine experience in Phnom Penh. One of the best Khmer restaurants in Phnom Penh, known for its authentic taste and presentation of local cuisine.
They also have weekly fresh menus, further the diversity, creativity and the understanding of the local cuisine of the team. A zero-plastic policy is also strictly followed and the ambiance is just lovely.
Don’t worry about the price range, Eleven One offers what’s worth your money.
- Address: House 11b, Street 246, Phnom Penh
- Service: European, Coffee, Contemporary, Fusion
- Website: https://backyardeats.com/
- Opening hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm (Mon), 7:30am to 9:00pm (Tuesday – Sunday)
A perfect choice in Phnom Penh for healthy eaters. Everything about Backyard Café screams ‘Healthy’ from its bright, light and spacious ambiance to its food menu with dishes composed healthy ingredients.
Backyard Café has menus for all meals in the day – breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the average price for one main dish is about $7 – very reasonable. One great thing about this café is that they take social responsibility very seriously, a fund from the profit is spent on children and to deepen their vocational training.
DID – Dine in The Dark
- Address: 126, Street 19 Cross streets 154 & 172, Phnom Penh
- Service: Asian, Khmer cuisine, Fusion
- Website: http://www.didexperience.com/
- Opening hours: 18:00 – 21:30
A singular and special dining experience to try in Phnom Penh you shouldn’t miss. Those who are looking for a different kind of eating, this is the place designed for you. As the name suggests, you’ll enjoy your food in darkness, meaning there is no light in the dining room.
You will be dining without knowing what food are you eating and they’ll be revealed only in the end. It’s a completely fun and interesting experience to enjoy with your friends and loved ones. Dine In The Dark serves the highest quality of Asian cuisine and Khmer cuisine and they can easily accommodate your diet requirements.
Sesame Noodle Bar
- Address: 9 Street 460, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Service: local cuisine, fusion
- Website: http://www.sesamenoodlebar.com
- Opening hours: 11:30 – 2:30 | 17:00 – 21:30 (Tue-Sun)
Sesame is a special mix of many good things: traditional local cuisine with aspects of Japanese, Chinese and American cuisines. Each menu provided by Sesame Noodle Bar is small but the quality is concentrated.
The ambiance is intimate, cozy and quiet which helps you to enjoy the food in the best way possible. Don’t miss the noodle dishes (as well as the Mighty Thor Buns) once you visit Sesame.
- Address: #136 Norodom Boulevard, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Service: Khmer Cuisine
- Website: https://www.malis-restaurant.com
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 22:00 every day
A classic choice to go for when you crave to taste the local cuisine with a twist of contemporary style. Nothing can’t go wrong with Malis – a restaurant that offers the highest quality of food in a top-notch, luxury ambiance.
Besides the already famous Fish Amok, other signature dishes of Cambodia are also well-loved here such as Prahok Ktis, Kampot Crab Fried Rice, Baked Goby Fish with Young Mango Dip and more.
Phnom Penh is a great place to enjoy the greatness of local cuisine. If you want to experience French and European cuisine, Topaz, Do Forni are your best choices. If you’re enthusiastic about Khmer food then Eleven One Kitchen, Mok Mony, and Malis Restaurant offer the best of Khmer and Asian cuisine. We’ve presented to you all the best options which are top-notch in food quality and with a wide range of price to discover the food scene in Phnom Penh.
Excited to explore Phnom Penh and Cambodia? We have the best tour for you here. Do check out our combined itineraries to Vietnam and Cambodia for 2019 -2020!