Hoi An is a city in the central of Vietnam, on the east coast. It is considered as one of the most popular travel destinations in Vietnam. Besides that, Hoi An is recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. The weather in Hoi An is typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam. So it is important to see Hoi an Weather and Temperature patterns to enjoy the most of Hoi An travel. Let’s find out.
Hoi An Weather and Temperature Overview
Typical for the tropical climate of Vietnam, Hoi An accent town possesses warm weather the whole year with its average temperature of 29 Degree Celsius. The city only has two main seasons: rainy and dry seasons instead of four seasons like in Northern Vietnam.
The heat reaches its peak on the months from June to August when the highest temperature measured during day time is 38 Degree Celsius while the lowest temperature only drops at 21C Degree at night. Winter-like weather falling in the town from November to January bring coldest days to Hoi An when daily average temperature is between 19 to 24 Degree Celsius. However, this coldness seems to be of no concern for tourists from Northern Hemisphere.
The most annoying factor in Hoi An should be its rainy season, lasting quite long from late August to January. Its constantly heavy shower, which may also occur with typhoon and cause floods sometimes, can accidentally disturb your wonderful trip. During the damp season Hoi An sees a sharp decrease in the number of visitors.
On the other hand, Hoi An’s dry season from February to May is the best time to visit the town, since its weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine. For ones who enjoy sunbathing on famous beaches near Hoi An like Cua Dai Beach or An Bang Beach, delaying your trip to the end of May or beginning of June is recommended.
If you are lucky enough to arrive at the town on the 14th day of a lunar month, Hoi An will be much more charming with its Full Moon Festival and “Old Street Night” exclusively available on that day.
Hoi An Weather in January – Febuary – March – April – May – Comfortable temperatures, low humidity
This period of time marks the begining of the dry season in Hoian. The weather becomes very mild and beautiful with moderate temperature, low humidity, less rain and warm sunshine.
- January- Febuary : The weather in the centre of Vietnam is improving as the wet season draws to an end and prolonged rainfall becomes unlikely, especially during the 2nd half of the month (avg temp: 23°C). the change sees the beaches at Hoi An, Danang and Nha Trang shake off their winter coats and return to their glory days. Dalat and the Central Highlands are dry but chilly, especially at night so suitable clothing is recommended.
- March – April – May: The beaches of Hoi An and Danang in central Vietnam are in full summer mode, basking in constant sunshine (avg temp: 28°C).
Other highlights of the Dry Season include:
- Calm water with superb visibility makes June to August a fantastic time to go diving and snorkelling off the coast of Hoi An
- July and August have the biggest Full Moons of the year – a spectacular sight over the ocean
- It’s peak fishing season, so seafood is even more plentiful than usual
- Accommodation is more affordable from May to July
- Half Tet – a day-long festival in June that features dragon boat races by day and colored lantern parades by night.
Hoi An Weather in June – July
- June: Dry, sunny days and blue skies continue for central Vietnam in June. The beaches of Hoi An, Danang and Nha Trang are at their best (avg temp: 30 °C);
- July: The good news continues on the beaches of Hoi An, Danang and Nha Trang with plenty of sunshine and blue skies expected throughout the month. Temperatures remain high and whilst still predominantly dry, the odd shower is not out of place helping to temper the hot weather (avg temp: 31 °C)
Hoi An Weather in August – September
- August: The beaches of Hoi An are still the pick of the bunch with good weather expected throughout the month. Temperatures remain high and whilst still predominantly dry, rain is expected more frequently towards the end of the month (avg temp: 30 °C)
- September: The weather in the centre of the country is ready for a change come September and throughout the month rain is on the increase in Hoi An and Hue.
Hoi An Weather in October – November – December
This period is the coldest weather in Hoian, ranging from 19 to 24°C (66 to 75°F)
- October: The rainfall in the centre of the country is close to its peak and heavy storms can occur. Hoi An in particular is prone to flooding in October. The temperatures in Hoi An and Hue differ slightly with Hoi An and Danang being the hotter end of the Hai Van Pass (avg temp: 24- 27°C).
- November: The rainfall in Hoian is at its peak and heavy storms can occur and it is prone to flooding in November.
- December: Whilst conditions undoubtedly start to improve in central regions with a significant drop in rainfall, stormy weather is still a possibility especially early in December. Rainfall is still expected in Hoi An with the temperature is close to their lowest for the year, although still far from chilly (avg temp: 24°C).
Planning to visit Hoi an and Vietnam? Let’s find our the best of Vietnam Tours at Asianwaytravel.com