Halong Bay means 'the Bay where the Dragon descends into', is located in the Vietnam’s northeastern seacoast, administratively belongs to Halong City, Quang Ninh Province.
The islands concentrated in two main zones: the southeast (belonging to Bai Tu Long Bay), and the southwest (belonging to Halong Bay) forms the core zone of Halong Bay, which was designated by UNESCO as World Heritage Site. This area incorporates 434 km² with 775 islands, delimited by 3 points: Dau Go Island on the west, Ba Ham Lake on the south and Cong Tay Island on the east. Ha Long Bay's ancient karst landscape is the result of complex geological processes taking over 500 million years, from the earth's movements, sea regression, down-warping tectonics, and sea transgression, creating thousands of limestone islands emerging from the sea.
HALONG BAY TRAVEL GUIDE
- Ha Long Bay, always in the top of favorite spots in every trip to Vietnam of tourists around the world. […]Read More »
- Destination: Hanoi capital- Bat Trang village -Halong bay- Sapa townRead More »
- Destination: Hanoi-Halongbay-Hue-Hoian-HCMC-CuChi-Mekong-Phnompenh-SiemreapRead More »
- Vietnam Travel Deals – Vietnam Tours Discount 2018
- Discovery Vietnam and Cambodia Tour 14 Days
- Highlights of Laos Tour 6 Days
- Classic Cambodia Tour 5 Days
- Northern Vietnam Family Tour 7 Days
- Vietnam Essential Tour 7 Days
- Vietnam and Cambodia, Laos 17 Days
- Vietnam Tour – Living Local Style 10 Days
- Best of Vietnam Tour 12 Days
- Vietnam Travel Line 14 Days