Halal food is an important part of a Muslim traveler, if not the most important. And in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh is the largest city, also where you can find the most halal food restaurants. To know all the best places to find halal food in Ho Chi Minh city, let’s check out our foot guide below. Are you to travel to Vietnam?
- Anthony Bourdain Favorite Restaurants in Vietnam
- Best things to do in Ho Chi Minh at night
- Top shopping in Vietnam places for halal travelers
Top Places for Halal Food in Ho Chi Minh City
Places you can eat Halal food in Ho Chi Minh City: Vietnam Muslim restaurants, Malaysian restaurants, Middle-Eastern restaurants, and Indian Restaurants.
Vietnam Muslim Cuisine Style
The Daun Restaurant
- Address: 48 Le Lai Street, Ben Thanh, D.1, HCMC
- Website: https://thedaun.com/
- Service: Asian food, Vietnamese food, Halal food
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 22:30
Daun is the second highest ranked on Tripadvisor for Halal restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City and it rightly deserves it. The restaurant is owned by a Singaporean Malaysian serving mainly Halal Muslim Malay cuisine and Thai dishes. Its location is also close to Nguyen An Ninh, the Malay street.
There’re also some Vietnamese dishes like Bun Bo Hue, Spring Rolls, Cha Gio…. This restaurant is also a great choice for vegetarians with their noodle soup with tofu and many more dishes. A room for praying is prepared inside the restaurant.
Halal @ Saigon
- Address: 31 Dong Du, D.1, HCMC
- Service: Asian cuisine, Vietnamese cuisine, Malaysian cuisine
- Website: Link
- Opening hours: 7:00 – 22:00
Halal Saigon is another decent choice for a Halal meal in Ho Chi Minh City. Beside Halal food, they also have some Vietnamese side dishes like Pho or spring rolls. The restaurant is located just opposite a mosque in the city.
Halal Saigon is one of the oldest halal restaurants in HCMC however the way it is now was not how it was during its heyday. There used to be an excellent Malay chef who brings magic to the food. However, you still can have a great meal here in Halal Saigon if you’re not too picky.
- Address: 505 Tran Hung Dao, D.1, HCMC
- Service: Asian Food, Vietnamese Food, Soup, Muslim Food
The location of this restaurant is just perfect, only an alley behind Nanci Mosque. You’re are to eat delicious Pho cooked in Muslim style. They also served the famous Vietnamese coffee at your request.
The service is quick and the restaurant’s owner speaks Malay so you’ll feel even more comfortable with the atmosphere here. Although the restaurant doesn’t have a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor 90% of them are saying it worth your try.
>>> Read next: Vietnam Cuisine: Street Food Hunt from North to South
Kampung Pandan Restaurant
- Address: 53 Thu Khoa Huan, D.1, HCMC
- Website: http://www.kampungpandan.com/
- Price range: 279,000VND
- Service: Asian cuisine, Vietnamese cuisine, Malaysian cuisine
- Opening hours: 6:00 – 23:30
The restaurant is small yet very atmospheric with cleanliness and great arrangement. Dishes to try here are: Sambal Fish, Fried Calamari, Baked Oysters with cheese, steamed prawns and prawns in coconut water, fried beansprouts…. They have both halal Vietnamese and Malay/Singaporean dishes in large number. One great thing about this restaurant is that it serves plentiful portions.
Location is convenient since it’s 6 minutes from Malay street and only 5 minutes from Ben Thanh market, you can easily find this restaurant. Ranked high in the list of Halal Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City, you can expect a lot from Kampung Pandan.
Hjh Basiroh Hj Aly
- Address: 159 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan District, HCMC
- Service: Asian food, Vietnamese food, Malaysian food
This restaurant is located on the street along with many other Halal restaurants. They serve both Malaysian and Vietnamese food with most dishes under 90,000VND.
The service is quite fast but the food quality is just above average a little and it wasn’t at all bad. If you’re worried about where you can eat authentic Halal food, you can come here since they’re qualified with a Halal food certificate.
- Address: 56 Dong Du St, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1, HCMC
- Website: www.d-nyonya.com/
- Price range: 139,535VND – 558,140VND
- Service: Asian cuisine, Malay cuisine
- Opening hours: 7:30 – 22:00
The restaurant is managed by a Malaysian – Mister Alex Wong. They serve here all halal food with a Malaysian cooking style. There’s a wide range of dishes on the menu for you to choose. Price is pretty much mid-range while food quality is quite good. Food to try: Fried Egg Tauhu, Kari Kapitan, Nasi Lemak, and Fried Hor Fan…. If you’re from Penang, you can find your comfort food here.
You might find the venue is a little bit average but it’s clean and has enough space for a huge family meal.
Saigon Green House
- Address: 52 Truong Dinh Street, Ben Thanh, D. 1, HCMC
- Website: https://halalsaigongreenhouse.com/
- Price range: 50,000VND – 400,000VND
- Service: Vietnamese cuisine, Halal food
Saigon Green House is a cozy, small restaurant that provides Vietnamese cuisine cooked under the halal standard. The restaurant is in within walking distance from Malay Street (or Nguyen An Ninh Street) which is just beside Ben Thanh Market.
If you’re a Malaysian traveler, then you’re in for a surprise because the waiter can speak Malay language quite fluently. Malaysian travelers will feel like home when visiting the place.
Expect the price is pricey like many other halal restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Address: 185 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, D.1, HCMC
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/zeytunvietnam/
- Opening hours: 10:30 – 1:00
- Service: fusion, Muslim cuisine, Mediterranean cuisine, vegetarian food
Zeytun is a must-visit restaurant for Halal travelers in HCMC. They serve authentic halal food in Middle-eastern and Mediterranean style. The ambiance is nice with Middle-Eastern decoration and music.
Not only that the food is delicious and full of flavors, but Zeytun also has free desserts for their guests which is welcoming and lovely. Food to try: kofta, shawarma, hummus and falafel, kabab, meze plate…
Vegetarians also can eat here since they have a vegan menu. The price at Zeytun is very reasonable with their quality of food.
Al Sham Saigon
- Address: 300 Vo Van Kiet, D.1, HCMC
- Service: Middle-Eastern cuisine, Mediterranean food, vegetarian
- Website: https://al-shami-restaurant-halal.business.site/
Another great choice for those who are seeking for Arabian and Mediterranean food in Ho Chi Minh City. The owner of the restaurant is from Syria and is someone who takes great pride in his traditional food making.
They even made some of their own ingredients like cheese, stuffed grape leaves and bread. The portion is also plentiful while the staff is attentive and friendly. When you eat at Al Sham, you can feel the effort and passion from the chefs, the owners in each dish.
- Address: 274 Bui Vien, D.1 HCMC
- Website: https://www.babaskitchen.in/
- Price range: 116,279 – 232,558VND
- Service: Indian food, vegetarian food…
As one of the highest ranking halal restaurants on Tripadvisor, Baba’s Kitchen serves original and authentic Indian meals – the best choice for comfort food for Indian travelers. Come here to enjoy the mouthwatering varieties of both South Indian and North Indian dishes. Their naan gets praised a lot you should try it out.
Best dish to try is no other than curry which is spicy and tasty. Their portion is also generous and they’re halal certified so there is no pork in every dish. Prices at Baba’s are also considered more reasonable than many other halal restaurants in town.
- Address: 38 Hai Ba Trung Street, D.1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Website: http://www.ganesh.vn/
- Service: Indian Food, Asian Food, Vegetarian food, Asian food
Being almost as famous as Baba’s Kitchen, Ganesh has represented Indian food in many places across Vietnam. Ganesh offers a big menu with a lot of options of both North and South Indian dishes. The curry will taste just like home and you’ll not get enough of the taste.
However, the service is quite lacking since the restaurant is often crowded.
- Address: 189 Bui Vien, Pham Ngu Lao, D.1, HCMC
- Opening: 10:30 – 22:30
- Price range: 46,512 – 232,558 VND
- Service: Indian food, Asian food, Halal food
The ambiance of this restaurant is really nice and the owner here also speaks Hindi. The food here is tasty and cooked in Indian style. But the thing that makes Namaste stands out from many other Indian eateries in HCMC is their friendly staff and wonderful service.
Halal travelers will also have a great time here since Namaste cater halal food as well.
Tips for Halal Travelers
- If you don’t like eating at restaurants, you can always make halal food on your own. There are some places you can buy halal ingredients that are certified: Halal Meat Shop Saigon (Alley 265/8, No Trang Long, Binh Thanh District), Hanafi (111/33 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan District), for beef made in halal standard, you can buy at GoodFood (194 Ung Van Khiem, Binh Thanh District)…
- There are two mosques in Ho Chi Minh City: Jamia Al-Musulman at 66 Dong Du Street; Jamiul Islamiyah at 495B Tran Hung Dao street, Cau Kho Ward, Dist. 1
- Nguyen An Ninh Street as known as Malaysia street is the place you can find many Muslim-friendly hotels which offer praying mats and even their own halal restaurants.
- The Qibla direction in Ho Chi Minh City is at 288.75 degree.
Mekong Tour for Halal Travelers – 9 Days
Destinations: Mekong Delta – Ho Chi Minh City – Ben Thanh Market – Cu Chi Tunnels
Price from: $898/pax
Or you can send your request to our email firstname.lastname@example.org to have our experts planning your trip that meet all of the halal standard!