Halong Bay, the internationally renowned World Heritage Site, is certainly a trip not to be missed while your family time in Vietnam. Travelling with family (especially with young kids) in Halong Bay can sometimes be hard work because you have to keep track of your children almost all the time and might worry about the cruise food. With these concerns constantly showing up, you may not be able to relax and enjoy your trip to the fullest. Worry not as we are here to help! The below cruises are selected based on three criteria: kids safety, cabin quality, and child-friendly service.
You might want to read : This is why you should visit Vietnam with Kids – Tips and Tricks
#1 – Halong Bay Cruise for Family General Guide
- Thanks to the extensive Halong Bay family cruise options available, you can be sure to find something to suit the specific needs and desires of each of your family members. All of the cruises outlined below have discounted policies for families cruising Halong with children, kids under 4 stay for free and from 4-12 qualify for a discounted children’s cruise ticket price (extra beds are usually available too, if you ask). You can even find the cheaper rates when booking with tour operator like Asianwaytravel than booking directly with the cruise.
- Direct transport options are on offer to and from Hanoi to Halong.
- All meals are included in the cruise price but any extra dietary requirements can be tailored for, and all of the cruises listed with us are guaranteed to meet our rigorous health and safety standards.
Whether you are planning to travel in a big family group, with children or elderly members, finding the best Halong Bay family cruise for your family doesn’t need to be a difficult task as long as you know your options.
#2 – Here are the list of Halong Bay cruise for family.
Glory Legend Cruise Halong
Glory Legend Cruise Halong is a brilliant Halong Bay family cruise option. You and your family will have the choice to stay on board for either 2 or 3 days, which is the recommended cruise duration if you want to enjoy the journey without feeling rushed.
This Halong Bay family cruise offers tons of workshops and activities onboard- ceramics, tai chi, kayaking; so there’s sure to be something for everyone. Cabin sizes go up to 28sq meters (that’s cosy space for 4 adults and a child), so your family can choose to enjoy Halong in just each other’s company.
Aclass Legend Cruise Halong
For families looking for a more upmarket Halong Bay family cruise choice, Aclass Legend Cruise Halong offers top of the line service in the comfort of a modern, stylish cruise ship. The ambiance on board is closer to that of a five star hotel than a cruising vessel, and the buffet dinner and cocktails on board the top deck match the same calibre. Rest assured this cruise is very much family friendly, with connecting cabin options available so your family can cruise Halong together.
Pelican Cruise Halong
The Pelican Cruise Halong Bay offers a wonderful choice of amenities in a comfortable environment; a perfect Halong Bay cruise for family. All cabins are big enough to accommodate at least 2 adults and a child, but if your family is on the bigger side there are larger cabin sizes that you could book depending on your needs. At 36sq meters, the Family Deluxe Cabin is big enough for 4 adults and a child (and extra beds are usually available if you ask).
The rooms, much like the rest of the ship are tastefully decorated, and many cabins come with a private balcony. As if that wasn’t enough, there’s not one but two viewing decks, so you can make the most of the incredible beauty of the world famous Halong Bay.
Signature Cruise Halong
The Signature Cruise Halong boasts one of the largest cruise ships of all the Halong Bay family cruise options, yet only accommodates 40 at a time meaning plenty of space for your whole family onboard. This cruise offers the widest range of cabin options, including our highly recommended ‘Elite Family Suite’ which can hold 4 adults and 2 children.
Activities wise, the highlight has got to be the squid fishing- a great chance to learn some traditional Vietnamese techniques, and have some fun. Be sure to check out the top deck too, it’s the best place for your family to get the full panoramic views of Halong Bay.
Orchid Cruise Halong
The Orchid Cruise Halong offers the largest and most spacious family cabin of all of our winning Halong Bay family cruises . ‘The Family Suite – Balcony’ comes in at 72sq meters, which we recommend is more than enough space for 4 adults and 1 child as is, with plenty of room for extra beds if your family needs it. It’s the perfect way to experience the Halong Bay adventure together.
|Glory Legend||Aclass Legend||Pelican||Signature||Orchid|
|Room Name||Family Deluxe Cabin||Connecting Suite Cabin||Family Deluxe Cabin||Elite Family Suite Cabin||Family Suite Cabin|
Tips Before Your Halong Bay Family Cruises
- Pack light! Your family will only be cruising Halong for a couple of days, so if you can, leave the majority of your luggage in Hanoi.
- Bring your own insect repellent, mosquitos love the warm damp climate here.
- Bottled water can be expensive on board, consider bringing your own.
- Don’t forget your personal documents: passport, etc.
Special requirements and tastes can be catered for onboard, including:
- Kid-friendly menus
- Vegetarian options
- Seafood-free options
- May-October will be quite warm, so pack for summer.
- October-May can see temperatures dropping quite a bit, so bring something warm to wear in the evening.
Private Halong Bay cruises for family are an extra special way for your family to experience this once in a lifetime tour. Private transport options are available to and from Hanoi also, inquire with us for more information.
You may also like: Top 5 Cheap Decent Hanoi Bay Cruise